For centuries the Muslim Ummah was the Best of Peoples under the leadership of the Khilafah state, leading mankind in thoughts and sciences, in ruling, economy, industry, military and all other fields of life. No one played a more vital role than the Muslim youth in achieving this leadership for the Ummah over mankind. History of this Ummah is filled with glories achieved by her youth such as Muhammad Al-Fateh who, at the age of 21, defeated the Byzantines and opened Constantinople for Islam as foretold by RasulAllah (saw), making it the capital city of the Islamic state. There is Tariq ibn Ziyad who conquered Spain when he was only 17 years old and Muhammad bin Qasim who was of the same age when he established a firm foothold for Islam in the Indian subcontinent by defeating Raja Dahir. And Bakhtiyar Khalji, upon whose arrival Lakshmen Sen fled without a fight, was 18 years old when he established Muslim rule in Bengal.
Oh Sincere, Aware and Courageous Youth!
This is your real history, oh Muslim youth. In your glorious past you didn’t take false pride in making the largest human flag; rather you played the honourable role of building the largest state in human history. You shook the thrones of tyrants and brought an end to their regimes, freed the oppressed people in land after land, eliminated corruption, tyranny and oppression, and spread the justice of Islam.
Look to your situation now, oh youth. After 43 years, the Awami-BNP ruling regime still fails to provide quality education for you. The public education system in the country is in tatters and the private education system sucks your parents dry. After 43 years, the Awami-BNP regime still fails to provide decent jobs for you, making you run here and there, making you run from embassy to embassy like beggars in search of your livelihood. On the other hand they have divided you, exploited you and used you as political tools and still do so by seducing and engaging you in cheap struggles under empty and false slogans of nationalism, secularism, democracy, spirit of liberation, and people’s awakening (Gonojagoron), etc. They have given a free rein to the local and foreign greedy capitalist corporations like the mobile network operators who simply exploit you as money making machines. Moreover this regime seduces you with Western culture, fashion and drugs etc so that you don’t rise up against them and they can keep exploiting you and looting the country.
You do not have a secure future for yourselves under the current regime, let alone leading armies to open lands, spread the justice of Islam or even defend your brothers and sisters who are oppressed, attacked, burnt alive, killed, and raped in nearby Myanmar, forget the land which are afar like what is going on right now in the Central African Republic. This is your current reality, oh Muslim youth.
And look at the situation of the land you live in. Tyrant Hasina has made the country a living hell for the people and the sincere military officers. Arrests and abductions of people and sincere officers has become a norm to create an atmosphere of fear by which to prolong the life of this tyrant, daughter of a tyrant. Islam is under a frenzy of attack from quarters aided and sponsored by the government. Bangladesh is now nothing but a land of death and destruction due to the Awami-BNP alliances’ confrontational politics and playing with the lives of the people to serve the foreign powers, the Americans, British, Europeans, Indians, and Chinese. They are equal in handing over the country’s resources to the foreign companies. They outdo each other on the level of their corruption… Padma Bridge, Hallmark, Railway gate… The list is endless. All this while they cannot even supply gas to the kitchens of Dhaka, the capital city!
Oh Sincere, Aware and Courageous Youth!
Hizb ut Tahrir calls upon you to rise up to free yourselves and the people. Expressing your frustration and anger and deriding politicians on Facebook, Twitter and blogs is not enough. You have to undertake practical political actions to rid the country of tyrant Hasina and the corrupt Awami-BNP ruling regime; and establish Islamic rule in the country which alone can take care of your affairs and the affairs of the people. The Islamic rule alone can restore your past glory as leaders of mankind. Follow the example of your brothers in the Arab countries who are on the streets chanting at the top of their voice, “The youth demand the downfall of the regime” and “It is for Allah, it is for Allah.”
Follow the example of Ibrahim (as) who rose up, defied and declared – ((وَتَاللَّهِ لَأَكِيدَنَّ أَصْنَامَكُمْ)) “And by Allah, I shall most certainly bring about the downfall of your idols…” [Surah Al-Anbiya’: 57]. Ibrahim (as) did this to establish his society upon Allah’s Deen, without any fear, when he was a youth and when Nimrod, a bigger tyrant than Hasina, was ruling in the land –
((قَالُوا سَمِعْنَا فَتًى يَذْكُرُهُمْ يُقَالُ لَهُ إِبْرَاهِيمُ)) “They said: “We heard the young man speaking against them, who is called Ibrahim.” [Surah Al-Anbiya’: 60].
Oh Muslim Youth!
Hizb ut Tahrir puts forth the following programme for you to work and struggle for:
- Resist the false call for building a Secular Bangladesh and raise the call for establishing Islamic Bangladesh based on the true aqeedah of “La Ilaha Illallah, Muhammadur RasulAllah.”
- Reject the corrupt kufr democratic system and the politics of the Awami-BNP alliances.
- Struggle for establishing Islamic rule, the Khilafah, in the country by removing tyrant Hasina and the Awami-BNP regime.
- Work tirelessly to create a strong opinion among the people that only the Khilafah will:
- Fulfil the basic needs of all men and women in the country i.e. food, clothing, shelter, health, education and security; and facilitate for them the satisfaction of their luxurious needs.
- Protect the non-Muslim citizens and they will enjoy all the rights in the Khilafah as the Muslims, without discrimination.
- End the rampant corruption, looting of people’s wealth and the gross wealth inequality by ensuring effective distribution of wealth.
- Regain the ownership of public property such as oil, gas and coal etc from private and foreign hands, manage these resources for the well-being of the people and rapidly industrialize the economy based on heavy industry, to achieve economic prosperity.
- Unify the Muslim Ummah, build a strong military and liberate the Muslims from imperialist aggression.
- Demand from the sincere officers in the military to overthrow tyrant Hasina and the Awami-BNP regime; and provide material support to Hizb ut Tahrir to establish the Khilafah
Insha’Allah you will have your reward for this noble work and struggle on the Day when there will be no shade other than the shade of Allah (swt). Abu Hurayra (ra) narrated that the Prophet (saw) said,
“Seven types of people Allah will shade them by His Shade on the Day of Resurrection when there will be no shade except His Shade. They will be … a young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah….”
13 Jumadah I, 1435 AH Hizb ut Tahrir
14 March, 2014 CE Wilayah Bangladesh